[DC-Users] Don’t keep me waiting.

DuckCorp Admin Team dc-admins at lists.duckcorp.org
Tue Nov 2 01:24:33 CET 2010

Coin,

It's not yet X-mas time, but we're happy to have a few things done
each time :-).

=== Toushirou _is_ stable _and_ fast ===

Since very recently, Toushirou's network interfaces are now at 1Gbps
speed, so no doubt everything will be much faster now ;-).

Unfortunately, network card vendors sux sometimes, and due to a
firmware bug in the card controller, we had to reboot Toushirou on
2010-10-29 00:40:00. It should be ok now.

=== Wiki for Users ===

The wiki[1] made for users since the birthday is now mostly closed to
non-users, in order to put sensitive information on our services if
needed.

[1] https://users.duckcorp.org/

=== NSTX Reloaded ===

Our IP over DNS tunnel software, you know the stuff to break through
WIFI accesses, was unmaintained didn't work well with recent WIFI
setups. We've then switched to another software and it seems to work
much better (SFR Portals 0wned !). Everything needed to use it is now
in the wiki[2]

[2] https://users.duckcorp.org/index.php/Services/NSTX

=== Antispam Forever ===

After a few fights with bugs in our antispam software, the situation
has much improved, and learning is working better. If you still get
many false negatives, remember the software needs to learn both SPAM
and HAM in order to recognize things well; so you may consider using
learning on all messages (TEFT mode) for a few weeks.

We also improved our "front-gate rejection filters", in order to avoid
several false positive conditions.

=== Secuuuuuuuuuuuuuure DNS ===

First, the zone tranfers between our servers are now fully secured.
Our partner Hivane also upgraded its configuration for us (thanks a
lot!).

Second, the zone content can know be signed, to ensure it is not
altered on the way. We have already secured several DC/MP zones and
our servers now support extra zone validation (using the DLV
Registry). From now on, securing SSH accesses using SSHFP (see
previous news) is now a reality.

If you want to know more about it, or switch your zone to secure, then
have a look at the wiki[3]

[3] https://users.duckcorp.org/index.php/Services/DNS

=== Misc ===

projects.duckcorp.org, hosting development code and bug trackers, is
now opened for public registration, allowing hosted projects to share
with the FOSS community. DC users do not need to register: they can
login with their LDAP account.

forum.duckcorp.org was unused for a long time, and not useful anymore,
so it was removed.

That's all Folks!

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)