[DC-Users] Come again cap’n?

DuckCorp Admin Team dc-admins at lists.duckcorp.org
Mon May 24 21:00:10 CEST 2010

Coin,

=== Server Maintenance ===

On 2010-05-20 afternoon, due to sponsor needs, Orfeo had to move a few
steps away in the same datacenter, and was halted twice during a few
minutes. I was not able to warn soon enough to be useful, sorry for
the inconvenience.

On 2010-05-29 in the morning, while visiting a datacenter with several
users, we will halt Toushirou a few minutes in order to
replace/improve its memory (both because it needs more, and to test if
a complete memory replacement would improve the stability, even if
memtest found no problem on the current memory).

=== Communication ===

On 2010-05-19 Bitlbee was finally stopped. Minbif has replaced it nicely.

In April, we experienced a lot of problems with our XMPP (Jabber)
server. A few weeks ago we installed a fixed version and it proved
very stable since then.

The IRC upgrade is still... postponed :-/.

=== PHP Migration ===

Yesterday, we moved to 5.3, as planned earlier, and things went quite
well. Please note a few things that are now obsolete and will be
deactivated on 2010-09-01:
   - $HTTP_*_VARS
   - $argc / $argv
   - "magic quotes"
So please check your code before the deadline.

=== Dico ===

Absolutely needed, we now have an open access dictionnary[1],
available both on the DICT port, and via web on:
   http://dico.duckcorp.org/
dict/dico text clients are available on Thorfinn and Toushirou.

Happy Birthday DuckCorp ! :-))

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICT

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)