[DC-Users] In May, Do what you Wanna Do !

DuckCorp Admin Team dc-admins at lists.duckcorp.org
Sat May 1 03:49:33 CEST 2010

Coin,

=== New Website ===

It has been a great while since we last took care of the official web
page. No CMS was really that nice, so we decided to revamp it
completely by hand (or mostly).

It is still an "institutional" site, meant to stay quite static, but
more opened to the human world. The old and obsolete content was
removed/updated, so it reflects better what DuckCorp really is like
today.

=== Changes in the Admin Team ===

Arnau was quite busy for a while, and not very active, so he is now a
"fallback admin".

Once again, happy volunteers are welcome !

=== Jabber/XMPP Problems ===

Our server had strange problems recently, and was completely broken
between 2010-04-27 and 2010-04-29. It seems to be "willing" to serve
us again, so please pray the XMPP god it stays that way.

=== NTP ===

We have been running a stratum 3/4 server since a while, but it was
not very advertised. Since 2010-04-22, it has been upgraded to stratum
2, advertised publicly on the ntp.org site, and registered in the pool
project[1] (public stats[2] available).

=== LDAP Auth ===

The PostgreSQL server is now LDAP-ified, so users can now use their
global identifiers.

=== Daneel's Disks Saga ===

One of the repared disk died on 2010-04-10, so we keep rotating disks
until Seagate's warranty proves to be useful...

=== Mail ===

Since 2010-03-24, the maximum message size switched to 10Mo (was
previously 5Mo), as requested by a few users. Do not forget we've got
a FTP area for sending BIG files.

=== WebDesk ===

Since a recent Horde upgrade, tasks have been unusuable due to an
uncompleted database migration. It has been fixed.

That's all folks !

[1] http://www.pool.ntp.org/
[2] http://www.pool.ntp.org/user/DuckCorp

--