[DC-Users] DuckCorp, 10 years old already !

DuckCorp Admin Team dc-admins at lists.duckcorp.org
Mon Apr 26 15:15:53 CEST 2010

Coin,

You are a DuckCorp user, sponsor, or friend, so we wanted to invite
you to the 10th anniversary of DuckCorp. It's the first time a such a
"social" event is organized, but this time we wanted to meet you and
have a look back at what we've done so far.

The meeting will take place on 2010-05-29 near Paris (so you can book
this date for sure). We do not want a corporate party, but something
unaffected and relaxing, so we decided to organize a picnic. As the
weather seems to get better and better each day, it should be
enjoyable :-), but we can still fall back on indoors eating if
necessary. The exact location and time would be communicated later,
but it should start around 13:00.

I've been told it would be interesting for people to visit a
datacenter (most "normal" people don't live in there and have never
seen how the Internet works), so it should be possible to visit
Toushirou in the morning before the picnic, for a small amount of
persons (but we may still organize another visit later if too much
people are interested).

In the evening, it is highly probable some of us end-up in a bar
and/or restaurant for an unofficial continuation, so you are welcome
to follow us :-).

By the way, we started a new wiki dedicated to user-oriented information here:
   https://users.duckcorp.org/
You'll see a map of the network and some kind of historical résumé
from the creation. It is currently readable by everyone (but this may
change in the future), and users may login and contribute with their
LDAP account (only a few pages are locked, but can be discussed).

Please tell us if you expect to attend this meeting. It is necessary
to "register" for the datacenter tour at least a week in advance to
organize the visit(s).

May the CoinForce be with you !

P.S.: You may reply to 10th-anniversary at duckcorp.org for
general-interest discussions, but please use the Dc-Admin mailing-list
to notify your coming or ask specific questions, so as not to spam
people.

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)